Thursday, June 14, 2012

Appearing at True Story this Friday at Kavarna in Decatur, Georgia Reading A Selection from The Atlanta Ripper!

Kate Sweeney, a producer with NPR's City Cafe with John Lemley, invited me to be a part of an ongoing project she has called True Story!  This program, held only a few times a year, includes non-fiction readings by local and regional authors.  Also appearing on Friday night are Jack Walsh, a local author and Nick Tecosky from the Write Club Atlanta.  The event is being held at Kavarna in the Oakhurst section of Decatur. The website is www.kavarnadecatur.com.  We begin at 8:00 p.m., and each writer has about 15 minutes to present an interesting artifact from his past and read a selection from one of his works.  Although Kate asked me to come based on the interview I did with John Lemley on City Cafe about The Atlanta Ripper, I can read a snippet from any of my four books.  I think I will stick with The Atlanta Ripper, as it includes the most intriguing stories from Atlanta's past.  If you are in the area, come and join us. This should be a lot of fun.  Here is the web blog for the event:
http://www.truestoryga.blogspot.com/

No comments: